1. Research UB MAJORS
Narrow down which major(s) will be a good fit for your interests and academic strengths.
2. Know How to use HUB, Path Finder & Schedule Builder
View the HUB Student Center Training Guides on the HUB Support Website, including:
- View Your Holds and Your Advisor.
- My Advisement Report Overview (if My Planner is used, all planned classes will be incorporated).
- Create a What-If Advisement Report.
- Guide to using My Planner (to plan classes for your entire undergraduate career).
- My Transfer Credit Evaluation Overview.
- Selecting UB Curriculum Pathways courses via Path Finder.
- Enroll Using Class Search.
- Schedule Builder Basics and Tips.
3. Prepare to Register (Review your HUB Student Center Academics Information in MyUB):
On the Student Center tab, in the next few weeks, check your Enrollment Appointment window in the Enrollment Dates box (right side margin) to see what day you can begin registering at 7 a.m. for your upcoming semester’s classes.
Ensure you check your Enrollment Appointment window for both summer and fall registration!
On the Student Center tab, (Academics section), use the drop down menu (left side margin) to locate your Academic Requirements (My Advisement Report), Academic Planner and Transfer Credit Reports. On the Student Center tab, under More Academic Resources section, (lower right hand margin), locate Path Finder.
View your My Advisement and My Planner Reports and make note of courses you would like to take next semester (and in future semesters). Search for Classes in HUB to learn what courses are being offered and click on Schedule Builder to prepare a schedule that best meets your needs. The Class Schedule is also available on the Office of the Registrar website (left side margin).
If you earned any Advanced Placement (AP), alternative credit or transfer coursework, make sure it is recorded on your Transfer Credit Report. For information on how to send alternative credit or transfer coursework to UB visit:
4. Be Informed
- Keep abreast of important information and deadlines by reading the Be Advised newsletter.
- Ensure timely graduation by completing 30 credits a year, declaring your major by 45 credits and gaining acceptance to your major by 60 credits.
- Access free on-campus tutoring and support your physical and mental health.
5. Start Planning for your Career
Career Services can help you think through your decisions about planning for majors and careers. Learn more about your interests, skills and values and how to apply this knowledge to your academic and career plans. Call 716-645-2231 or stop by Capen 259 to schedule an appointment.