The last day to resign from a 15-week Standard Session Course
The last day to resign from a 15-week Standard Session Course is Friday, April 19, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Before resigning a course:
- A student should speak with an academic advisor to discuss the pros and cons of resigning a course.
- A student should consider if they will need to register for the course in a future semester. If so, then the ill want to see if the course is listed among the Course Enrollment Control List. If it is, then a student may need to repeat during a Summer or Winter Session.
How to Resign a Course
Students electing to Resign from a course will log into their HUB Student Center.
- In the HUB Academic section they will select Enroll link.
- They will next be asked to select the semester, or session, for which they want to resign a course.
- For the selected semester, a student will now see a listing of all of the course in which they are registered. Next to each course there will be a check box. Select the course to be resigned.
- Click the Drop Selected Classes button.
- Click the Finish Dropping button.
- To confirm that the course has been dropped, go to the HUB Academic section and click the View My Grades link.
- Select the appropriate semester/session and find the course. In the Grade Column, you will see that an “R” is listed. A resigned course does not have a grade point value, and therefore is not used in the calculation of your grade point average (gpa).
- If you receive financial aid, a resigned course will be used in the calculation of a student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Before you resign a course, and you receive financial aid, discuss implications of resigning a course upon your financial aid eligibility. Go to 1Capen and ask to speak with the next available financial aid advisor.
Undergraduate Catalog: Grading> Repeat Policy> (Course Enrollment Control Policy). You will need to scroll to the bottom of the page.