HUB To-do Actions You Should Do in September
The HUB is the University at Buffalo’s student information system. Within the pages of this website, students, faculty, and staff will find information and materials to assist them in performing specific activities within HUB.
Are you a new first year or transfer student?
- Did you earn college credit, AP (or other form of Alternative Credit) in high school? Did you earn college credit from an institution of higher education other than UB? Did you request to have your scores and or Official Transcripts sent to UB? If yes, then you should see these courses displayed on your Transfer Credit Report (TCR) and your Academic Requirements Report (AAR).
- Have you looked at your Fall Semester 2018 Final Exam Schedule? You want to ensure that there are no time conflicts. A final exam conflict exists when a student has:
- Three or more exams scheduled on the same day
- Two exams occurring at the same time
- When a student’s exam occurs contemporaneously with his or her commencement ceremony for spring or summer conferral
- If you do have conflict refer to the Registrar – Final Exam Schedule section.
- Do you have any Holds displayed in your HUB? If yes, you will need to resolve them as soon as possible. Holds usually prevent you from Adding, Dropping, or Resigning courses. Read more about Using the Student Center: View Holds .
- Have you selected your UB Curriculum Pathway courses? If not, then you will want to explore and select your Thematic and Global Pathway courses by the middle of this semester. To get ready for picking your Pathways, first watch the video: Pathfinder Tool – Exploring the UB Curriculum Pathways. Once you have selected your Pathways courses you will send them to HUB. Use the Plan tool to assign your pathway courses to a specific semester.