Tools and Resources used to Build a Class Schedule
An academic advisor can show you how to use various tools and also help you create a plan to complete prerequisites for a given major, and complete UB Curriculum requirements.
Undergraduate Catalog and HUB Academic Requirements report
You will use both of these resources to select courses to satisfy Acceptance Criteria and Major Requirements along with courses to satisfy the UB Curriculum areas. Generally speaking you find the HUB Academic Requirements report much easier to understand if you first start with corresponding information as listed in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Use the Academic Requirements report to find which courses need to be taken for Acceptance Criteria for specified major.
- What-if report. If you are listed as an undecided student, or you are considering a different major you can run a What-if Report for that major. The What-If Report can depict an Acceptance Criteria section in which Prerequisite Course information can be found, and specific information regarding Acceptance Criteria grade point averages for Acceptance Criteria courses, and overall courses.
- Use the Schedule Builder to create a list of courses for the upcoming semester and then Generate Schedule scenarios. As you go through the schedule scenarios you will, hopefully, find one that you will choose to send to your HUB Enrollment Shopping Cart.
- You should choose your UB Curriculum Pathway courses by the end of your first semester at UB. Once selected you then send your choices to HUB, and in HUB you can go to the Plan tool to assign your courses to specific semesters.
- The timeframe in which you are planning for next semester also corresponds to the Mid-Semester Grading Period. You can checking your Mid-term grades via the Grades section. If you have any mid-semester grades of MU (mid-semester unsatisfactory) or letter grades lower than a “C”, you should speak with your instructor.
- Based upon Mid-semester grades and or test scores received to date, student in some instances the student may decide to resign from the class. However before actually resigning from a class, a student will want to determine ramifications for such action in terms of financial aid, scholarships, or for international students their visa requirements. The last day to resign from a Fall 2018 class is Friday, November 9, 2018.
- Students should on a weekly look at the HUB Holds box. A Hold until resolved may prevent you from adding, dropping/resigning classes.
- The day before your scheduled Enrollment Date, students should review their Enrollment Shopping Cart specifically looking at the Status column to ensure that the courses are still open. If closed the student will need to either select a new section of the course, or a course to satisfy a different area altogether.
- Registration for all Enrollment Dates currently start at 7:00 a.m. At this time a student would go to their Shopping Cart, and select depending on display either Enroll or Proceed to Step 2 of 3. The next page will give the student a chance to review before clicking the Finish Enrolling button. On the Shopping Cart Results page students will look at the Status column to determine if the course has been added to schedule, or if they need to continue the registration process by selecting other courses.