Posted March 23, 2018 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips, Registering for next semester
- You should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss how things are going this semester, and your upcoming plans. You can find the location and phone number of your Assigned Advising Center in your Student Center – Advisor Box.
- You should check the Student Center – Holds Box on a weekly basis. If you see a Hold listed, click the Details link to find information as to resolving the Hold as soon as possible. A Hold will prevent you from Adding and or Dropping classes.
- Do you know when you can begin to register for Fall Semester 2018 classes? No, then check the Enrollment Date box.
- How are you doing this semester? Have you checked your Mid-Term Grades? If not, click on the View My Grades or Grades link, and then select the Mid-term Grades tab. Read more about the Mid-Semester Review Process. If you have Mid-term grades of MU (Mid-semester Unsatisfactory) or Letter Grades lower than “C”, you should speak with your instructor immediately. Note the last day to Resign Spring 2018 15-week classes will be Friday, April 20, 2018.
- Which courses do you plan on taking next semester? Perhaps some that will be used toward Acceptance Criteria for your intended major, or for the major, or to satisfy UB Curriculum areas and Pathways (Path Finder Tool). The first place to look for information about Acceptance Criteria and Major Requirements for is open the Program Requirements tab for a given major the Undergraduate Degree and Course Catalog. The 4-year Curricular Plans have been reformatted (here is an example of a 4-year Curricular Plan for Geological Sciences BS.
- Once you understand the information from the Undergrad Catalog, using the My Requirements report in HUB will be much easier. If you have already selected your Pathways courses to HUB, you can click on your HUB Academic Planner, and assign courses to a particular semester.
- Once you have identified which courses you hope to take, use the Schedule Builder to create sample schedules. When you find a schedule you want, you can send it to the Enrollment Shopping Cart. Note: Adding courses to your cart does not guarantee that they will still be open when you register. You will probably want to run the Schedule Builder the evening before your Enrollment Date.
- Using the Enroll link, you will be able to start registering for your Fall Semester 2018 classes at 7:00 a.m. on the date listed in the Enrollment Date box (#3 in the diagram). Make sure that you do not have any HOLDs showing in the Hold box.