Posted August 28, 2020 in Did You Know?, New Students
Navigate is an app that will help you manage your academic journey and connect effectively with the full range of resources at UB.
Use Navigate to:
- Make an appointment. Instantly schedule a meeting with an academic advisor or tutor.
- Set alerts and reminders. Stay on top of your to-do list and important deadlines.
- Locate campus resources. Connect to resources and support throughout campus.
- Sync your class schedule with your phone calendar. See your whole schedule in one calendar view.
- Find Study Buddies. Start or join a study group with other students from your classes.
- Explore majors. Discover best-fit majors and career information.
Student Success Gateway – Introducing Navigate
Posted August 19, 2020 in Did You Know?, New Students
Ordering your textbooks
You will need to know some specific course information when ordering your text books. You will find this information in your HUB Student Center. With this information you will order your textbooks through the University Bookstore.
Step 1 – Create a list of your Classes + Class Sections
- Open your HUB Student Center, and select the Manage Classes square. The default page for the Manage Classes section is View My Classes.
- You will want to know the Course abbreviation and Number (example PSY 101) and the Section. Some courses only has one component (example LEC = Lecture, or SEM = Seminar)
- Some courses may have more than one component, and there may be materials required for each component.
Course Component Abbreviations
- LEC = Lecture
- LR = Lecture + Recitation
- LLR = Lecture + Lab = Recitation
- LLB = Lecture + Lab
- LD = Lecture + Discussion
- SEM = Seminar
Step 2 – Visit the University Bookstore On-line
- Go to the University Bookstore. The University Bookstore is a private company and therefore you will need to create an account with them. Your UB ID and password will not work for their site. To create a University Bookstore account, click on the Sign in link at the top of the page. You should then see a Create Account link.
- Have you list of courses and sections
- Once your account has been created and you have logged in, then follow the steps in the Get Your Textbooks section.