- Final Grades should be posted by the third week of May. Source: UB Registrar – Grading.
- Did earn grades lower than a “C” in Prerequisite Courses? If yes, you may need to repeat the course, or depending on the grades earned in other prerequisite courses are below a “C”, you may need to Change your Major.
- If your semester grade point average and your UB cumulative grade point average are below a 2.0, you have a Grade Point Deficit (GPD). If your GPD is 20 points or more, you will be reviewed for Academic Dismissal. Sources: UB Undergraduate Catalog – Academic Standards Review, and UB Registrar – Dismissal Process.
- If you earned a semester GPA of 3.6 or higher and took at least fifteen credit hours, Of which at least 12 were graded (A – F), then you made the Dean’s List. Source: UB Undergraduate Catalog – Dean’s List
Actions you may need to take.
- If you have been earning grades lower than a “C” (2.00), then you need to assess your goals, the way in which your manage your time, and evaluate your study skills. It is highly recommended that you consult with an academic advisor as soon as possible. Refer to the Undergraduate Advising Directory.
- Goals, were your goals realistic? What got in the way of meeting your academic goals?How are you going to set achievable goals for the upcoming year? Check out our colleagues at UMASS Dartmouth – SMART GOALS page.
- If you receive financial aidand your semester and or overall GPA is less than 2.00, you will want to speak with a financial aid advisor immediately to determine if you are eligible for aidfor the upcoming semester or year.