Posted March 26, 2019 in HUB Tips, Registering for next semester
Finding your Enrollment Date for Fall 2019 Class Registration
You can find the specific date that you can begin registering for next semester classes by going to your HUB Student Center and looking at the Enrollment Dates box. The Enrollment Dates box is located in the column on the right hand side of the page. Enrollment dates are assigned based upon the number of credit hours that a student has completed. So your date may be different than your peers.
To find your Enrollment Start Time, click the Details link in the Enrollment Dates box.
What might prevent a student from registering for classes?
A Hold will in most cases prevent you from adding, dropping, resigning, or swapping classes. To see if you have a Hold, find the Hold box that is located at the top of the column running down the right hand side of the screen. If you have a Hold, click the Details link, on the the next page click the link for that Hold. Do not wait to resolve your Holds. You do not want to miss out on course selection.
Do you know which courses to take next semester?
It is recommended that you meet with an academic advisor once a semester to:
- Get a sense of how things are going in the current semester
- Suggest course support / tutoring services, if necessary
- Alert student to resources (financial aid advisor or International Student advisor) they need to speak with prior to potentially resigning from a course
- Help you plan out courses to meet the Acceptance Criteria for your intended major
- Help you pick courses to meet UB Curriculum and Pathway areas
- If student meets the Acceptance Criteria for major, discuss the process for switching from Undecided to that major (for future advisement, and also for financial aid eligibility)
A student can find their current assigned Advising Center by looking at the HUB Advisor box. This will provide the office location, and phone number.
Posted March 22, 2019 in Did You Know?, Registering for next semester
Fall Semester Class Schedule
The University at Buffalo – Fall Semester 2019 Class Schedule is now available in HUB, and also at UB Registrar – Fall Class Schedule.
Do you know which courses to take next semester?
Do you know which courses you should take next semester to meet Acceptance Criteria requirements for your intended major; or courses for your major; or courses to satisfy UB Curriculum and Pathway areas? If no, then you should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. You can find your Advising Office listed in your HUB Student Center – Advisor box.
Posted March 19, 2019 in Did You Know?, Grading, Important Dates
Mid-term Grading Period
Instructors will be assigning Mid-term Grades through the tenth week of the semester (Sunday, April 7, 2019 through Saturday, April 13, 2019).
You can view your Mid-term Grades by going to the View My Grades section of your HUB Student Center, and click the Mid-term Grades tab.
- MS = Mid-semester Satisfactory, or Letter Grades: A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C. Okay, so far!
- MU = Mid-semester Unsatisfactory, or Letter Grades: C-, D+, D, F. Not so good, discuss with your instructor immediately!
Source: Office of the Registrar: Mid-semester Review
What you should do if have Unsatisfactory Mid-term Grades
- Discuss your standing with your instructor. Depending on the guidance from an instructor, a student may need to consider the implications of resigning from a course.
- If you receive financial aid, discuss the impact of resigning a course or courses upon your financial aid eligibility.
- Resigning a course could increase your time to graduation. If you need to repeat the course, you may have to do it during a Summer or Winter Session (if offered). Discuss with an academic advisor.
The last day to Resign from a 15-week Class is Friday, April 19, 2019
To resign from a class a student will go to their HUB Student Center and click the Enroll Drop function. Resignation must be done no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT. It is advised that a student discuss matters regarding a course resign with their instructor, financial aid advisor, and academic advisor well before the last day to resign.
Source: Office of the Registrar: Important Dates for Spring Semester
Posted March 15, 2019 in Uncategorized
Beginning, Monday, March 18, 2019, the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (EPAC) will have a new location, 112 Capen Hall.
Our phone number will remain the same: 716-645-6013, as will our webpage: Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center (EPAC).
Posted March 11, 2019 in Did You Know?, Registering for next semester
Spring Recess begins on Monday, March 18 through to Saturday, March 23, 2019. Classes will resume on Monday, March 25, 2019.
During the Spring Recess (on or around Wednesday, March 20, 2019) the following items should be available:
- Your Enrollment Date for Fall 2019 Registration
- Fall Class 2019 Class Schedule
- Schedule Builder
- Enrollment Shopping Cart
Action items that students should be checking:
- Go to your HUB Student Center to see if you have any HOLDS. Most Holds will prevent you from adding and dropping classes. Resolve immediately.
- Have you picked your UB Curriculum Pathway courses? If not, then you may want to watch the Exploring Pathways tutorial.
- Have you checked your HUB Academic Advisement Report (AAR) and the Undergraduate Catalog to determine which courses you hope to take for the upcoming semester to satisfy Acceptance Criteria for intended major; courses to satisfy Major Requirements; and or courses to meet UB Curriculum areas.
- Have you scheduled an appointment with an academic advisor. You can find your currently assigned Advising Office in the HUB Advisor box. If you are thinking about changing your major, you may want to speak with an advisor with that program. Use the Undergrad Advising Directory to find contact information.