Posted September 25, 2018 in New Students
Checking your UBmail daily should be an ongoing aspect of your time management and study plan.
Posted September 17, 2018 in Did You Know?
Study Abroad Fair
Learn more about the hundreds of study abroad programs available to UB students. UB faculty and staff will be representing their faculty-led study abroad programs. Additionally, representatives from other SUNY campuses will be on site to advertise the study abroad programs they sponsor (and which are available to UB students). Come chat with students who have studied abroad and learn how you can fit studying abroad into your degree program at UB!
Wednesday, September 19
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Student Union Lobby
UB Study Abroad website
Posted September 12, 2018 in Did You Know?, Important Dates
Winter Session 2019 – Important Dates
- Winter Session Class Schedule available: Sept. 4, 2018
- Winter Class Registration begins: Oct. 1, 2018
- Winter Sessions Classes begin: Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019
- Last day to Add/Drop: Friday, Jan. 4, 2019
- Last day to Resign: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019
- Last day of classes: Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019
- Winter Session Final Grades available: First week in February
For more information refer to UB This Winter
Posted September 6, 2018 in HUB Tips, New Students
HUB To-do Actions You Should Do in September
The HUB is the University at Buffalo’s student information system. Within the pages of this website, students, faculty, and staff will find information and materials to assist them in performing specific activities within HUB.
Are you a new first year or transfer student?
- Did you earn college credit, AP (or other form of Alternative Credit) in high school? Did you earn college credit from an institution of higher education other than UB? Did you request to have your scores and or Official Transcripts sent to UB? If yes, then you should see these courses displayed on your Transfer Credit Report (TCR) and your Academic Requirements Report(AAR).
- Have you looked at your Fall Semester 2018 Final Exam Schedule? You want to ensure that there are no time conflicts. A final exam conflict exists when a student has:
- Three or more exams scheduled on the same day
- Two exams occurring at the same time
- When a student’s exam occurs contemporaneously with his or her commencement ceremony for spring or summer conferral
- If you do have conflict refer to the Registrar – Final Exam Schedule section.
- Do you have any Holds displayed in your HUB? If yes, you will need to resolve them as soon as possible. Holds usually prevent you from Adding, Dropping, or Resigning courses.
- Have you selected your UB Curriculum Pathway courses? If not, then you will want to explore and select your Thematic and Global Pathway courses by the middle of this semester. To get ready for picking your Pathways, first watch the video: Pathfinder Tool – Exploring the UB Curriculum Pathways. Once you have selected your Pathways courses you will send them to HUB. Use the Plan tool to assign your pathway courses to a specific semester.
Posted September 5, 2018 in Important Dates, New Students
Last Day to Drop/Add Fall Classes:
Tuesday, September 4 by 11:59 pm via your MyUB HUB Student Center.
The first week of classes ensure you:
- Have no questions or concerns about your courses, particularly your math, science or foreign language classes.
- Check the room locations of your classes – some of them may have changed! You need at least 20 minutes to get from the North Campus spine to the Ellicott Complex and at least an hour of travel time from the North and South Campus.
- Attend every class! Don’t miss the opportunity to get the syllabus for each class, meet your instructors and gain an understanding of what you will be learning during the semester.
MyUB Reminders (myub.buffalo.edu):
- Check your UB email daily!
- Access UBlearns for course/classroom materials. (Note: Not all instructors utilize UBlearns.)