Fall Semester 2018 – Important Dates and Tips
Time Management Tip: Enter the dates listed below into your planner or e-calendar.
Monday, August 27, 2018
- Classes Begin. First Day of Fall 15 Week (Standard) and 7 Week 1 Classes (first half of semester courses)
August To-do List:
- You should receive a Course Syllabus for every course during the first week of the semester. Many instructors will save their course syllabus in UBLearns. Read more at Undergraduate Catalog – Course Syllabi. Create a folder in your UBPortfolio whereby you can save all of your course syllabi.
- If you have earned prior college credit or alternative credit such as AP, IB, or CLEP and you requested that Official Transcripts were sent to UB, do you see the courses listed in your HUB Academic Requirements report (Courses section)?
- Time Management Tip: Find the critical dates (dates upon quizzes, tests, papers are due) from each syllabus and enter them into your planner or e-calendar. For each critical date create a student schedule to a weekly study plan.
Monday, September 3, 2018
- Labor Day Observed
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Last Day to Drop/Add Fall 15 Week (Standard) and 7 Week 1 Classes
- Last day to Drop classes without Financial Liability. To view the Financial Liability deadlines and read to the page: Student Accounts – Financial Liability Deadlines.
- Last to file a Leave of Absence, read more at Registrar – Taking a Leave of Absence.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- Course Resign Period begins for Fall 15 Week (Standard) and 7 Week 1 Classes. Read more at Registrar – Drop/Add/Resign Courses
- 30% Tuition and 100% Fees Liability Period (Wednesday, September 5 through Tuesday, September 11). Student Accounts – Financial Liability Deadlines.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- 50% Tuition and 100% Fees Liability Period (Wednesday, September 12 through Tuesday, September 18). Student Accounts – Financial Liability Deadlines.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- 70% Tuition and 100% Fees Liability Period (Wednesday, September 19 through Tuesday, September 25). Student Accounts – Financial Liability Deadlines.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- 100% Tuition and 100% Fees Liability Period (Wednesday, September 26 through the last day to resign courses Friday, November 9). Student Accounts – Financial Liability Deadlines.
Friday, September 28, 2018
- Last Day to Resign from 7 Week 1 Classes
September To-do List:
- Check you HUB Final Exam Schedule, read more at Registrar – Final Exam Schedule
- Do you know where to go to speak with your instructor during their Office Hours? Read more at Undergraduate Catalog – Course Syllabi.
- Time Management Tip: Using your e-calendar, enter your classes. Enter them as recurring appointments. In the notes section add instructor contact information.
- Study Tip: Have you created a weekly study plan to learn and retain material for your fist set of tests, which typically occur toward the end of September.
- Study Tip: Have you found tutoring or extra help for you subjects? Read more on the Undergraduate Advisement page for Tutoring.
Monday, October 15, 2018
- Last Day of Fall 7 Week 1 Classes
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- First Day of Fall 7 Week 2 Classes (second half of semester courses)
Friday, October 19, 2018
- Last Day to Drop/Add Fall 7 Week 2 Classes
Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Courser Resign Period begins for Fall 7 Week 2 Classes (second half of semester courses)
October To-do List:
- Time Management / Study Skill Review: Based upon the grades you received on your first series of tests, do you adjust
- Check you HUB to ensure that you do not have any HOLDS read more at Registrar – Holds.
- Spring 2019 Class Schedule will be available mid-October.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss plans for Spring 2019.
- Check your Mid-term Grades using HUB – View My Grades. Read more at Registrar: Mid-semester Review
- Mid to late October, check your HUB Enrollment Date and Time. This will when you can begin registering for Spring classes.
- Send your UB Curriculum Thematic and Global Pathway selections to HUB. Once done you can view your selections in your HUB Planner.
- Study Tip: Review your returned tests. If you did not understand things, go back and review and or speak with the instructor. You may need to know the material for the final exam.
Friday, November 9, 2018
- Last Day to Resign Fall 15 Week (Standard) Session Classes
Friday, November 16, 2018
- Last Day to Resign Fall 7 Week 2 Classes
Wednesday, November 21 – Saturday, November 24, 2018
- Fall Recess
Monday, November 26, 2018
- Classes Resume
November To-do List:
- Know how to read your HUB Academic Requirements report
- Know how to use the HUB Schedule Builder
- Know how to send courses from HUB Schedule Builder to your HUB Enrollment Shopping Cart.
- Know how to Enroll/Register for classes from your HUB
- Start preparing/reviewing for your final exams
Friday, December 7, 2018
- Last Day of Classes
Saturday, December 8 – Sunday, December 9, 2018
- Reading Days
Monday, December 10 – Monday, December 17, 2018
- Semester Final Examinations
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Winter Recess Begins
- You can view your Fall final grades available first week in January on your HUB My Grades page. Read more at Undergraduate Catalog – Grading.
- To see how a Grade Point Average is computed refer to the Be Advised Newsletter – How a GPA is Computed.
January To-do List:
- Compare your final grades earned to those required as listed for your intended major using the Undergraduate Catalog.
- If you have a Grade Point Average below 2.00, you have a Grade Point Deficit.