This Friday, March 29, 2013 is the last day to resign from Spring 2013 Standard 15-week courses.
1. If you have a Hold on your HUB Student Center, you may not be able to drop/resign classes. Check the Details for each and any Hold this is showing on your Student Center page. Drop/Add/Resign Dates – Spring 2013
2. If you receive Financial Aid, you will want to speak with a financial aid advisor to determine if resigning a course(s) will affect your future eligibility to receive Financial Aid. Keeping Your Financial Aid
3. If you are an International Student, and resigning course(s) brings you to less than 12.0 credit hours, you must speak with the staff at Internation Student & Scholar Services: Telephone: (716) 645-2355, or E-mail: email@example.com
4. If you are going to resign a course that you might have to repeat in the future, you should refer to section on Grading in the Undergraduate
Catalog – Course Repeat Policy > Courses Enrollment Control Policy.
5. Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor. Undergraduate Advising Directory .
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 you will be able to find the date and time upon which you can begin to register for Fall 2013 classes.
Listed below are three screen HUB Student Center Screen shots annotated to show you how to find your specific Enrollment Appointment Date and Time.
Step 1. Click the Details link in the Enrollment Dates box.
Step 2. Select the Appropriate Term (Semester).
Step 3. Find your Enrollment Date & Time in the Appointment Begins column.
Step 4. Schedule a Meeting with an Academic Advisor.
It is recommended that you meet with an academic advisor at least once a semester. Depending upon your needs they will:
• Ask you for an assessment of how that current semester is going, and how you are progressing toward your major.
• Discuss Registration related issues; Holds, Enrollment Date, How to use HUB.
• Help you develop and manage your Plan via the HUB Academic Advisement Report (AAR), Transfer Credit Report, and the Undergraduate Catalog. This will involve successfully completing Acceptance Criteria for major, completing Major requirements, and satisfying the General Education Program
Alert you to Mid-semester Review, Resign Dates, and tutoring services at UB
On Monday, March 19, 2013, you will be able to see your Fall 2013 Enrollment Appointment listed in your HUB Student Center. You should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor immediately to:
- Learn how to use HUB Student Center functions such as; finding courses, using the Enrollment Shopping Cart; registering for classes; and checking your Mid-term grades.
- Know how to use the Undergraduate Catalog in conjunction with the HUB Academic Advisement Report.
- Know which courses you need to complete and in which order for the purposes of satisfying Acceptance Criteria for your intended major, and or satisfying General Education areas.
- Determining your current Acceptance Criteria, and then calculating what grades you will need in the remainder of your Acceptance Criteria courses.
If you do not know where your Advising Office is located use the Undergraduate Advising Directory to find appropriate location by major.
Check your Mid-semester grades by logging into your HUB Student Center. In the Academics, section click the View My Grades link. On the View My Grades page, click the Mid-semester Grades tab. If you receive any grades of “MU = Mid-semester Unsatisfactory” discuss your standing in the class with your instructor. You may also want to discuss the options and consequences of Resigning a course with an Academic Advisor, and with your Financial Aid Advisor (if you receive aid).
The Last day to Resign a 15 week Standard Course is Friday, March 29, 2013.