You can find your Fall 2017 Enrollment Date listed in the Enrollment Date box in your HUB Student Center. The start time for each enrollment date is 7:00 a.m.
To maximize your chance of getting your classes, register on time.
Discuss your academic plans with an academic advisor. Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. Link to: Undergraduate Advising Directory
Undergraduate Registration Steps
- Check you HUB student center on a weekly basis throughout the semester to ensure that there are no HOLDs listed. Most HOLDS will prevent you from adding/dropping/resigning from courses. One exception to this is the Finish in Four Hold, this will not restrict your registration activity.
- Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor to discuss current semester and future plans. You can find contact information for your assigned Advising Office by looking at the Advisor box in HUB. You can also find advising office information by referring to the Undergraduate Advising Directory. To get a sense of what will be covered in a typical advising meeting refer to the Time to Start Thinking about Your Fall Semester Classes post.
- To maximize your chance of getting the courses you want, begin your registration once your Enrollment Appointment starts by looking at the HUB Enrollment Date box. You should see your Fall Enrollment Date listed in HUB sometime around the third or fourth week of March.
- The Fall 2017 Class Schedule should also be available sometime around the third or fourth week of March. You will find the HUB Schedule Builder to be a very easy to use and helpful tool with regard to creating ideal schedules. Once you have made an ideal schedule you can export it to your HUB Enrollment Shopping Cart. The day before your Enrollment Date you will want to take a look at the Status Column in your Shopping Cart to ensure that your selections are still Open.
- Instructors will soon start to assign Mid-term (sometimes also referred to as Mid-semester) Grades. You should click the Mid-Term Grades tab on your HUB My Grades page weekly through to view your mid-term grades. A designation of MS (Mid-semester Satisfactory) or letter grade of C or higher indicates that you are not thus far in academic difficulty. However a designation of MU (Mid-semester Unsatisfactory) or letter grade less than a C means that you should discuss your standing in the class and options with the instructor. In some cases you may be told that you cannot pass the course, and therefore should Resign from the class. The last day to Resign from a 15-week Spring 2017 class is Friday, March 21, 2017. Before you resign from a course you should discuss ramifications with an academic advisor, and a financial aid advisor (if you receive financial aid).
The Fall 2017 Semester Class Schedule will be published some time after the middle of March. You should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to:
- Discuss how the current semester is proceeding
- Inquire if need be as to tutoring services or options for your current classes
- Discuss progress toward meeting the Acceptance Criteria for your given major. Or strategies for finding a major
- Determine your progress toward completion of the UB Curriculum (UB’s new General Education Program)
- Learn how to use or interpret various resources in HUB that will help you plan and register for courses: My Requirements Report, Planner, Holds, Enrollment Date, Schedule Builder, Enrollment Shopping Cart, My Grades, etc.
- Your Academic Standing, and Mid-term Grades
- Implication of Course Resignation (academic, financial, and scholarship)
- Enhancing your undergraduate experience
Registration for UB Summer Classes begins on Monday, March 6, 2017.
Primary Summer Sessions
- 1st 6-week session: May 30 – July 7, 2017
- 2nd 6-week session: June 26 – August 4, 2017
- 3rd 6-week session: July 10 – August 18, 2017
Source: UB This Summer
If you need to discuss summer course selection schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. You should also be scheduling an advising appointment in March to discuss your Fall 2017 course plans.
If you are unsure of which advising location to seek information, you can also use the Undergraduate Advising Directory
Applying for Graduation
Undergraduate Students: You must apply for graduation in your HUB Student Center by February 22, 2017. Also check with your Academic Advisor, have you completed:
|Acceptance Criteria for Major
|Requirements for Major
|Completed General Education Program
|Completed at least 120 Credit Hours
|Achieved a UB and Overall Grade Point Average ≧ 2.0
|Satisfied UB Residency Requirement
Undergraduate Course Resign Dates & Financial Liability Deadlines
Course Resign Dates
- 15 week Standard Session courses: Tuesday, February 7, 2017- Friday, April 21, 2017 (via HUB Student Center by 11:59 p.m.)
- 7-week 1st half of semester courses: Tuesday, February 7, 2017- Thursday, March 2, 2017 (via HUB Student Center by 11:59 p.m.)
- 7-week 2nd half of semester courses: Friday, March 31, 2017 – Thursday, April 27, 2017 (via HUB Student Center by 11:59 p.m.)
- Source: Registrar: http://registrar.buffalo.edu/registration/spring.php
UB Summer 2017 Class Schedule Available Now!
Registration for Summer Classes begins Monday, March 6, 2017
||Sunday, January 29 – Saturday, February 4, 2017
||Sunday, February 5 – Saturday, February 11, 2017
||Sunday, February 12 – Saturday, February 18, 2017
||Sunday, February 19 – Saturday, February 25, 2017
||Sunday, February 26 – Saturday, March 4, 2017
||Sunday, March 5 – Saturday, March 11, 2017
||Sunday, March 12 – Saturday, March 18, 2017
||Spring Break: Sunday, March 19 – Saturday, March 25, 2017
||Sunday, March 26 – Saturday, April 1, 2017
||Sunday, April 2 – Saturday, April 8, 2017
||Sunday, April 9 – Saturday, April 15, 2017
||Sunday, April 16 – Saturday, April 22, 2017
||Sunday, April 23 – Saturday, April 29, 2017
||Sunday, April 30 – Saturday, May 6, 2017
||Sunday, May 7 – Saturday, May 13, 2017
||Monday, May 15 – Saturday, May 20, 2017
Course Resign Periods for most common Undergraduate Courses
- 15 week (full semester course): September 7, 2016 – November 11, 2016
- 7 week 1 (First half of semester courses): September 7, 2016 – September 30, 2016
- 7 week 2 (Second half of semester courses): October 23, 2016 – November 19, 2016
- Refer to Office of Registrar: Add/Drop/Resign Courses
Before you resign a course you should:
- Speak with the instructor for the class
- Understand that you will have Liability for Tuition and Fees (link to Liability Deadlines – Office of Student Accounts)
- Discuss implications of resigning a course with an academic advisor. Will resigning a course drop you below 12.0 credit hours (Full Time Status = 12.0 or more credit hours) for the semester? Is particular course is on the Course Enrollment Control Policy List? (Refer to Undergraduate Catalog – Repeat Policy)
- Are you on a UB Scholarship? Speak with a financial aid advisor
- Do you receive Financial Aid? Speak with a financial aid advisor
- Are you an international student? You should speak with a academic advisor and also an advisor with International Student & Scholar Services.
Undergraduate Academic Advising Directory
Office of Financial Aid
Office of International Student & Scholar Services
- Have questions about your schedule, speak with an academic advisor.
- Full Time Status: 12.0 credit hours
- Dean’s List criteria: 15.0 credit hours; at least 12 for letter grades, 3.60 or higher Grade Point Average
- Finish in Four: Register for at least 15.0 Credit Hours per Semester