Fall Semester Class Schedule now available for Viewing

Posted March 24, 2017 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips

Picture of fall foliage and Baird Point

Fall 2017 Class Schedule On-line Now!

  1. You can view the Fall 2017 Class Schedule in your HUB Student Center or the public version of the Fall 2017 Class Schedule via the Registrar site
  2. You can find your registration date and begin time in your HUB Enrollment box.
  3. Check your HUB to ensure that no HOLDs have been applied to your account.
  4. Try using the HUB Schedule Builder.
  5. Check your Mid-term grades using the HUB Grades link.
  6. Do you know how to apply to a major or minor?  If no, refer to the Applying to Your UB Major & Minor page.
  7. Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor. You can find your advising office listed in the HUB Advisor box. You can also refer to the Undergraduate Advising Directory.

March 2017 – Your HUB To-do List

Posted March 3, 2017 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips, Important Dates, Uncategorized

  1. Check you HUB student center on a weekly basis throughout the semester to ensure that there are no HOLDs listed.  Most HOLDS will prevent you from adding/dropping/resigning from courses.  One exception to this is the Finish in Four Hold, this will not restrict your registration activity.
  2. Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor to discuss current semester and future plans. You can find contact information for your assigned Advising Office by looking at the Advisor box in HUB. You can also find advising office information by referring to the Undergraduate Advising Directory. To get a sense of what will be covered in a typical advising meeting refer to the Time to Start Thinking about Your Fall Semester Classes post.
  3. To maximize your chance of getting the courses you want, begin your registration once your Enrollment Appointment starts by looking at the HUB Enrollment Date box.  You should see your Fall Enrollment Date listed in HUB sometime around the third or fourth week of March.
  4. The Fall 2017 Class Schedule should also be available sometime around the third or fourth week of March.  You will find the HUB Schedule Builder to be a very easy to use and helpful tool with regard to creating ideal schedules.  Once you have made an ideal schedule you can export it to your HUB Enrollment Shopping Cart. The day before your Enrollment Date you will want to take a look at the Status Column in your Shopping Cart to ensure that your selections are still Open.
  5. Instructors will soon start to assign Mid-term (sometimes also referred to as Mid-semester) Grades.  You should click the Mid-Term Grades tab on  your HUB My Grades page weekly through to view your mid-term grades.  A designation of MS (Mid-semester Satisfactory) or letter grade of C or higher indicates that you are not thus far in academic difficulty.  However a designation of MU (Mid-semester Unsatisfactory) or  letter grade less than a C means that you should discuss your standing in the class and options with the instructor.  In some cases you may be told that you cannot pass the course, and therefore should Resign from the class.  The last day to Resign from a 15-week Spring 2017 class is Friday, March 21, 2017.  Before you resign from a course you should discuss ramifications with an academic advisor, and a financial aid advisor (if you receive financial aid).

Thematic Pathway and Global Pathway Planning

Posted February 16, 2017 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips

Have you selected which Thematic and Global Pathways you are going to complete?  Have you then also decided which courses you will use to satisfy each pathway?

Use the UB Curriculum: Pathfinder Tool to identify which Thematic and Global Pathway you want to complete, and which courses you will take to satisfy each Pathway.

Once you have selected pathway courses, you can have them sent to your HUB Planner. If you are unfamiliar with the HUB Planner watch the Guide to Using My Planner.  Once you have courses added to your Planner, you can then assign specific semesters to them. You will need to also check to ensure that the course is typically offered in that semester by referring to Courses section of the Undergraduate Catalog.

Once you have entered courses into your Planner, you will then want to send them to your My Requirements Report (otherwise known as Academic Advisement Report).  You can also send the courses you have designated for the upcoming semester to the Schedule Builder, via which you can create schedule scenarios.




February 2017 – HUB Student Center To-Do List

Posted February 7, 2017 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips, New Students

February 2017 – HUB Student Center To Do list.

1. Check your Final Exam schedule for conflicts. Reference: Registrar – Final Exam Schedule

2. Check the HOLDs box. Click the Details link to see if the HOLD will prevent you from Adding, Dropping, or Resigning courses.

– These are actions used by the university to prevent students from registering for classes, receiving grades, and/or releasing student records, including diplomas,
enrollment certification or transcripts. Holds may be placed by various offices on campus for outstanding financial obligations, for failing to submit required
documents requested by the University, or identity theft.

3. Take a look at Summer Class Schedule. Registration for Summer Classes begins on Monday, March 6, 2017. UB This Summer information.

4. If you have questions about regarding your academic plans, contact your Advising Office.  In addition to be listed in the Advisor Box in HUB you can also refer to the Undergraduate Advising Directory.


When will you take your PATHWAY courses, and other UB Curriculum requirements?

Posted October 6, 2016 in Did You Know?, Exploring Majors & Careers, HUB Tips, New Students


The Spring 2017 Class Schedule is available for viewing in your HUB Student Center, or via the Registrar’s site:

Have you started planning which courses to take next semester:

  • To meet Acceptance Criteria for your intended major
  • Serve as an exploratory course to help you select a major
  • Work toward satisfying one or more areas of the UB Curriculum (UB’s new General Education Program)

Learning about the UB Curriculum:

To assist with your plan you should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.  You can find the address and phone number of your Advising Center via the Advisor Box in HUB.  You can also refer to the Undergraduate Advising Directory. 

Academic Advisors can help you successfully create and manage your 4-Year Plan, in part by showing you how to use:

  • Find Your Enrollment Date in HUB (the date and time upon which you can begin registering for next semester classes)
  • Undergraduate Catalog: Majors, Acceptance Criteria, Grading, Academic Integrity, etc.  For any major you will find a Finish in Four Curricular Plan pdf for that major in the Degrees & Policies section.  You may find the Curricular Plan to be very helpful when using  the HUB Planner tool.
  • Use the HUB Planner .  Once you have added courses to your planner, you can then assign the semester in which you want to take those courses.
  • Once you have assigned courses in your Planner to specific semesters, you can select next semesters courses and send then to the HUB Schedule Builder. Video Tutorial about the HUB Schedule Builder ( covering Schedule Builder, Enrollment Shopping Cart, and Registration).  
  • Once you have created some schedules with the Schedule Builder you can forward then to your HUB Enrollment Shopping Cart.
  • As it get nearer to your Enrollment Date, you will want to periodically review the Status column in your Enrollment Shopping Cart. If you see a green circle = course still open. If you see a blue square = course closed, in which case you will need to add another course to your shopping cart.



HUB Academic Advisement Report (AAR)

Posted September 29, 2016 in 101Essentials, Did You Know?, HUB Tips, New Students

Have you started using your HUB – Academic Requirement Report?


The Academic Advisement Report (AAR) is an advising tool that students and advisors use to track students’ progress towards completing UB Curriculum (general education) and major requirements.

The report compares the student’s course work against UB requirements and indicates whether the student has completed the requirements. The report also calculates the students Grade Point Average (GPA).

See the My Advisement Report Overview (PDF) tutorial for further information.

Students should review their AAR at least once a semester because the AAR:

  • Lists their UB Curriculum (General Education) and major requirements
  • Lists requirements that are satisfied and outstanding
  • Tracks the acceptance criteria (courses & GPA) for entry into majors
  • Tracks progress towards graduation
  • Is used in the university evaluation for degree conferral

How to use the AAR for Course Planning

Before every class enrollment cycle students should review their AAR to determine what requirements are outstanding for both their major and UB Curriculum (general educational) programs. To stay on track for timely graduation students should register for the courses that satisfy these outstanding requirements.

The AAR lists both the requirement, and the classes that will fulfill, or satisfy the requirement.

HUB My Planner

My Planner allows students to plan courses based on their requirements for an individual term, multiple terms, or for their entire program of study. When used along with the enrollment option of choosing courses by My Requirements, students can view, add, and maintain the courses based on their requirements. My Planner allows students to enroll in these planned courses when they are ready.

For further information see HUB: Guide to Using My Planner (PDF) and Enroll by My Requirements (PDF).




Official Transcript – How to request (current student)

Posted April 22, 2016 in Grading, HUB Tips

Official Transcript Request

Need an Official Transcript to be sent to another school or for a scholarship application? If yes, you can start the process by logging into your HUB Student Center. In the Academic Section, click the Drop-down Arrow and from the list select Transcript: Request Official

You need the Office and Address to where you want the transcript sent.

You will be asked when do you want the transcript sent. If you are currently taking courses, you may want to select the option whereby the Transcript is sent once grades for the current semester have been posted.

We are not permitted to provide transcript services to any current or former student who owes money to the University (tuition/fees, penalties, parking fines, library fines, telephone charges, etc) as designated by the service indicator codes below. Additionally, we cannot release transcripts for students whose names appear on the NYS Student Loan Service Center Loan Default list.

Official transcripts will not be released for students who have university financial obligations, indicated by BAG (No Access to My Account Info), BCA (No Access to My Account Info), BIL (Unpaid Bill), BJD (No Access to My Account Info), BNT (No Access to My Account Info), BPW (No Access to My Account Info), BWO (No Access to My Account Info), DEN (Dental Medicine), FIN (Department Financial Obligation), ILN (Institutional Loan Issue), LAW (Law School), and PAR (Parking Ticket) Service Indicators.

For further information: Office of the Registrar- Transcripts


Fall 2016 Course Planning

Posted March 2, 2016 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips, Important Dates

Have you scheduled an advisor meeting


I have a HOLD on my HUB Student Center

Posted February 26, 2016 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips

I have a HUB hold is this bad

I have a HOLD on my HUB Student Center

A Hold on your HUB Student Center may prevent you from Adding or Dropping (Resigning) classes. Resolve any HOLD as soon as possible. You don’t want to get closed out of a course taught by your favorite professor because you had a Hold on your account.

Reference: Office of the Registrar – Holds / Service Indicators


Fall 2016 – Week 16

Posted December 13, 2015 in Did You Know?, HUB Tips, Important Dates, New Students

Fall 2015 Week 16