Registration for UB Summer Classes begins on Monday, March 6, 2017.
Primary Summer Sessions
- 1st 6-week session: May 30 – July 7, 2017
- 2nd 6-week session: June 26 – August 4, 2017
- 3rd 6-week session: July 10 – August 18, 2017
Source: UB This Summer
If you need to discuss summer course selection schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. You should also be scheduling an advising appointment in March to discuss your Fall 2017 course plans.
If you are unsure of which advising location to seek information, you can also use the Undergraduate Advising Directory
Internship Day – Tuesday, February 28, 2017
A whole day designed to explore internships. Get your free LinkedIn photo. Get your resume reviewed, information on internship programs
AND the very next day is the Spring Job + Internship Fair so get on the grind, internships are right around the corner!
9 a.m. – 2 p.m., 2nd Floor – Student Union. Internship Day Information and Event Schedule
Internship Fair – Wednesday, March 1, 2017
The largest job and internship fair for all majors.
Posted February 24, 2017 in Did You Know?
Internship Day : Tuesday, February 28, 2017
University at Buffalo | Student Union Lobby Student Union Student Union #104, Buffalo, NY 14051 | Other
It’s time to rise and grind #UBuffalo! A whole day designed to explore internships or help you get ready for that internship you’ve had your eye on. Before we do internship things, we drink coffee so stop by our pop-up coffee bar in the Student Union Social Hall complete with a place to get your free LinkedIn photo, get your resume reviewed, information on internship programs and last but not least the Internship Confessional, where you get to ask all your burning internship questions. AND the very next day is the Spring Job + Internship Fair so get on the grind, internships are right around the corner!
9 a.m. | Resume Cafe: How to Write a Resume | SU 250
10 a.m. | Pick Your Blend: How to Find an Internship in Arts, Business or Communication | SU 220
10 a.m. | Pick Your Blend: How to Find an Internship in Education, Human Services or Government | SU 250
10 a.m. | Pick Your Blend: How to Find and Internship in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math | SU 210
11 a.m. | Class Act: Professionalism Workshop | SU 210
11:30 a.m. | Stay Savvy: Skill-building with ComedySportz | SU 210
2 p.m. | Good Afternoon UB! Presentation by Stefan Doyno ’11 | SU 210
3:30 p.m. | Sharpen Your Interview Skills | SU 330
4:30 p.m. | The Panel: Employers + Students Get Real | SU 210
6 p.m. | Feature Film “The Intern” movie (free) | SU 210
Full Schedule for Internship Day 2017
Office of Career Services, 259 Capen Hall, 716-645-2231
Have you selected which Thematic and Global Pathways you are going to complete? Have you then also decided which courses you will use to satisfy each pathway?
Use the UB Curriculum: Pathfinder Tool to identify which Thematic and Global Pathway you want to complete, and which courses you will take to satisfy each Pathway.
Once you have selected pathway courses, you can have them sent to your HUB Planner. If you are unfamiliar with the HUB Planner watch the Guide to Using My Planner. Once you have courses added to your Planner, you can then assign specific semesters to them. You will need to also check to ensure that the course is typically offered in that semester by referring to Courses section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
Once you have entered courses into your Planner, you will then want to send them to your My Requirements Report (otherwise known as Academic Advisement Report). You can also send the courses you have designated for the upcoming semester to the Schedule Builder, via which you can create schedule scenarios.
February 2017 – HUB Student Center To Do list.
1. Check your Final Exam schedule for conflicts. Reference: Registrar – Final Exam Schedule
2. Check the HOLDs box. Click the Details link to see if the HOLD will prevent you from Adding, Dropping, or Resigning courses.
– These are actions used by the university to prevent students from registering for classes, receiving grades, and/or releasing student records, including diplomas,
enrollment certification or transcripts. Holds may be placed by various offices on campus for outstanding financial obligations, for failing to submit required
documents requested by the University, or identity theft.
3. Take a look at Summer Class Schedule. Registration for Summer Classes begins on Monday, March 6, 2017. UB This Summer information.
4. If you have questions about regarding your academic plans, contact your Advising Office. In addition to be listed in the Advisor Box in HUB you can also refer to the Undergraduate Advising Directory.
Applying for Graduation
Undergraduate Students: You must apply for graduation in your HUB Student Center by February 22, 2017. Also check with your Academic Advisor, have you completed:
|Acceptance Criteria for Major
|Requirements for Major
|Completed General Education Program
|Completed at least 120 Credit Hours
|Achieved a UB and Overall Grade Point Average ≧ 2.0
|Satisfied UB Residency Requirement
Undergraduate Course Resign Dates & Financial Liability Deadlines
Course Resign Dates
- 15 week Standard Session courses: Tuesday, February 7, 2017- Friday, April 21, 2017 (via HUB Student Center by 11:59 p.m.)
- 7-week 1st half of semester courses: Tuesday, February 7, 2017- Thursday, March 2, 2017 (via HUB Student Center by 11:59 p.m.)
- 7-week 2nd half of semester courses: Friday, March 31, 2017 – Thursday, April 27, 2017 (via HUB Student Center by 11:59 p.m.)
- Source: Registrar: http://registrar.buffalo.edu/registration/spring.php
Posted February 3, 2017 in Did You Know?
Last day to Add or Drop Spring 2017 classes is Monday, February 6, 2017, via HUB Student Center till 11:59 p.m.
- You must be registered for at least 12.0 credit hours to be a Full Time student
- If you add into a class, it is your responsibility to catch up on any work that you may have missed.
- If you have questions about your classes and or academic plan, speak with an academic advisor. You can find your assigned academic advising office location and phone number listed in the Advisor Box in your HUB Student Center. You can also find this information by referring to the Undergraduate Advising Directory.