Fall 2017 Class Schedule On-line Now!
- You can view the Fall 2017 Class Schedule in your HUB Student Center or the public version of the Fall 2017 Class Schedule via the Registrar site
- You can find your registration date and begin time in your HUB Enrollment box.
- Check your HUB to ensure that no HOLDs have been applied to your account.
- Try using the HUB Schedule Builder.
- Check your Mid-term grades using the HUB Grades link.
- Do you know how to apply to a major or minor? If no, refer to the Applying to Your UB Major & Minor page.
- Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor. You can find your advising office listed in the HUB Advisor box. You can also refer to the Undergraduate Advising Directory.
You can find your Fall 2017 Enrollment Date listed in the Enrollment Date box in your HUB Student Center. The start time for each enrollment date is 7:00 a.m.
To maximize your chance of getting your classes, register on time.
Discuss your academic plans with an academic advisor. Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. Link to: Undergraduate Advising Directory
Undergraduate Registration Steps
Effective Tuesday, March 14 Student Advising Services is back in their offices in 109 Norton Hall.
Check in for all advising appointments in 109 Norton Hall. If you have any questions please call 716 645-6013.
For the time being, Student Advising Services in 109 Norton Hall has been relocated to 17 Norton Hall; all appointments are being held at their scheduled time in 17 Norton. For more information, call 645-6013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if I do not meet the Financial Aid Eligibility Criteria?
If you are not in an approved major, and also taking courses for that major by the time that you have completed 60 credit hours, you may not be eligible for financial aid.
What You Should Do!
- Read the Financial Aid emails that are sent to your UB email account.
- If you need further clarification, schedule a meeting with a financial aid advisor
- Review your Academic Goals, discuss with those who are helping to fund your investment in your future
- Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor
- Consider taking summer courses to meet Acceptance Criteria for intended major.
To speak with a financial aid advisor call 716-645-8232. Web: Financial Aid Info for Current Undergraduate Students
Use the Undergraduate Advising Directory to find contact info for academic advising.
- Check you HUB student center on a weekly basis throughout the semester to ensure that there are no HOLDs listed. Most HOLDS will prevent you from adding/dropping/resigning from courses. One exception to this is the Finish in Four Hold, this will not restrict your registration activity.
- Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor to discuss current semester and future plans. You can find contact information for your assigned Advising Office by looking at the Advisor box in HUB. You can also find advising office information by referring to the Undergraduate Advising Directory. To get a sense of what will be covered in a typical advising meeting refer to the Time to Start Thinking about Your Fall Semester Classes post.
- To maximize your chance of getting the courses you want, begin your registration once your Enrollment Appointment starts by looking at the HUB Enrollment Date box. You should see your Fall Enrollment Date listed in HUB sometime around the third or fourth week of March.
- The Fall 2017 Class Schedule should also be available sometime around the third or fourth week of March. You will find the HUB Schedule Builder to be a very easy to use and helpful tool with regard to creating ideal schedules. Once you have made an ideal schedule you can export it to your HUB Enrollment Shopping Cart. The day before your Enrollment Date you will want to take a look at the Status Column in your Shopping Cart to ensure that your selections are still Open.
- Instructors will soon start to assign Mid-term (sometimes also referred to as Mid-semester) Grades. You should click the Mid-Term Grades tab on your HUB My Grades page weekly through to view your mid-term grades. A designation of MS (Mid-semester Satisfactory) or letter grade of C or higher indicates that you are not thus far in academic difficulty. However a designation of MU (Mid-semester Unsatisfactory) or letter grade less than a C means that you should discuss your standing in the class and options with the instructor. In some cases you may be told that you cannot pass the course, and therefore should Resign from the class. The last day to Resign from a 15-week Spring 2017 class is Friday, March 21, 2017. Before you resign from a course you should discuss ramifications with an academic advisor, and a financial aid advisor (if you receive financial aid).
The Fall 2017 Semester Class Schedule will be published some time after the middle of March. You should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to:
- Discuss how the current semester is proceeding
- Inquire if need be as to tutoring services or options for your current classes
- Discuss progress toward meeting the Acceptance Criteria for your given major. Or strategies for finding a major
- Determine your progress toward completion of the UB Curriculum (UB’s new General Education Program)
- Learn how to use or interpret various resources in HUB that will help you plan and register for courses: My Requirements Report, Planner, Holds, Enrollment Date, Schedule Builder, Enrollment Shopping Cart, My Grades, etc.
- Your Academic Standing, and Mid-term Grades
- Implication of Course Resignation (academic, financial, and scholarship)
- Enhancing your undergraduate experience
Registration for UB Summer Classes begins on Monday, March 6, 2017.
Primary Summer Sessions
- 1st 6-week session: May 30 – July 7, 2017
- 2nd 6-week session: June 26 – August 4, 2017
- 3rd 6-week session: July 10 – August 18, 2017
Source: UB This Summer
If you need to discuss summer course selection schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. You should also be scheduling an advising appointment in March to discuss your Fall 2017 course plans.
If you are unsure of which advising location to seek information, you can also use the Undergraduate Advising Directory
Internship Day – Tuesday, February 28, 2017
A whole day designed to explore internships. Get your free LinkedIn photo. Get your resume reviewed, information on internship programs
AND the very next day is the Spring Job + Internship Fair so get on the grind, internships are right around the corner!
9 a.m. – 2 p.m., 2nd Floor – Student Union. Internship Day Information and Event Schedule
Internship Fair – Wednesday, March 1, 2017
The largest job and internship fair for all majors.
Posted February 24, 2017 in Did You Know?
Internship Day : Tuesday, February 28, 2017
University at Buffalo | Student Union Lobby Student Union Student Union #104, Buffalo, NY 14051 | Other
It’s time to rise and grind #UBuffalo! A whole day designed to explore internships or help you get ready for that internship you’ve had your eye on. Before we do internship things, we drink coffee so stop by our pop-up coffee bar in the Student Union Social Hall complete with a place to get your free LinkedIn photo, get your resume reviewed, information on internship programs and last but not least the Internship Confessional, where you get to ask all your burning internship questions. AND the very next day is the Spring Job + Internship Fair so get on the grind, internships are right around the corner!
9 a.m. | Resume Cafe: How to Write a Resume | SU 250
10 a.m. | Pick Your Blend: How to Find an Internship in Arts, Business or Communication | SU 220
10 a.m. | Pick Your Blend: How to Find an Internship in Education, Human Services or Government | SU 250
10 a.m. | Pick Your Blend: How to Find and Internship in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math | SU 210
11 a.m. | Class Act: Professionalism Workshop | SU 210
11:30 a.m. | Stay Savvy: Skill-building with ComedySportz | SU 210
2 p.m. | Good Afternoon UB! Presentation by Stefan Doyno ’11 | SU 210
3:30 p.m. | Sharpen Your Interview Skills | SU 330
4:30 p.m. | The Panel: Employers + Students Get Real | SU 210
6 p.m. | Feature Film “The Intern” movie (free) | SU 210
Full Schedule for Internship Day 2017
Office of Career Services, 259 Capen Hall, 716-645-2231